Intermediate Phase Grades 4 – 7
In the Intermediate Phase, our emphasis is still on establishing basic foundations but learners are led to more abstract thought and independent work. A strong emphasis on Languages, Mathematics and Sciences is a focus in this phase.
In this phase, we offer a dynamic program under the framework of the CAPS Curriculum. We do however have the flexibility within our program to develop creative and critical thinking skills as they are the key to our children’s development. Children will also, however, encounter a more formalized educational environment and although they are taught by their homeroom teachers for some learning areas, they are taught other subjects by specialist teachers (e.g. Isizulu, Afrikaans, Mathematics and the Sciences).
We also recognize the need for our children to develop computer skills and these are taught during ICT Lessons and integrated across all the subjects on offer, thus keeping up with the latest trend in education. (Curriculum Assessment Policy Statements)
Curriculum: Grades 4-7
- English Home language
- Afrikaans First Additional Language
- Isizulu Second Additional Language
- Natural Sciences (Biology and Physical Sciences)
- Social Sciences (Geography and History)
- Arts and Culture
- Technology and ICT
- Music, Art and Drama
Students and Teachers
School closes at 2.15pm.
Aftercare begins at 1.30pm for all children not collected or enrolled in the aftercare programme.
- If paid on or before the 1st day of the school year
- For a full school year
- 11 Months
- If Paid at the beginning of each new term
- x3 Terms
- R51,432 per year
- If paid on the 1st of each month.
- x11 Months
- R55,121 per year
- Grades 4 to 6
- Annual payment
- Payable on or before the 1st day of the school year
- Per term
- Payable on or before the first day of each term
- Per day
- Add Hoc attendance
- Children not collected promptly will be enrolled