Terms & Conditions
General school and website Information
The Valley School’s user agreement terms
Conditions of enrolment
For each enrolment, the following form will be supplied for signing as agreement to the conditions of enrolment.
- The school gates open at 07.00am. School lessons begin at 07.30am.
- School Aftercare facility closes at 5.00pm.
- Filtered water is available at all times for children to drink. Parents, however, supply their children with a mid-morning snack.
- No toys sweets or chewing gum may be brought to school These lead to strife with other children and are disruptive to the daily programme.
- The school is closed for the independent school holidays as well as the mid-term breaks.
- Parents are asked to notify the school should their child not be attending school due to illness, holiday etc. A doctor’s note is required if children in Grades R to 7 miss school for more than 1 day.
- The school must be informed of any change of address, telephone numbers etc. This is very important in case of emergencies.
- The school and its teachers are not responsible for injuries children may receive or property that may be lost or damaged in their attendance. Children will however, be supervised at all times.
- Parents are asked to contact the school should they be at all concerned about their child’s progress.
- No refunds are made for absenteeism and fees must be paid in full when children are away.
- Parents agree to abide by the rules, regulations policies and procedures of he school as determined and annunciated by the principal.
- The enrolment of pupils shall be subject to the discretion of the Principal.
- The school shall be given one term’s notice of termination of enrolment of a pupil. Failing which the full amount of the following term’ fees will immediately become due and payable.
- On acceptance of the pupil and before a pupil’ admission to the school an amount of R8 000.00 shall be payable as a security deposit. This amount is refundable without interest on receipt of a full term’s written notice, less fees outstanding.
- Each term’s fees are payable in advance, on or before the first day of each term. Non-payment of fees shall entitle the school to cancel the enrolment of the child forthwith. Overdue payments shall accrue interest monthly at a rate of 25% per annum.
- Fees that are paid in cash to our bank account will result in bank charges being added to your child’s account. Please pay via EFT or Debit Order – Where this is not possible, cash may be paid into our office (a cash receipt must be given).
- On application for admission an amount of R1,500 application and assessment fee is required. Proof of payment of this amount should accompany the application.
- Fees are not all-inclusive and the school shall be reimbursed for all the expenditure incurred by the school on behalf of the pupil.
- The school may, at its sole discretion, grant refunds and make changes and adjustments of fees and other charges and shall give one term’s notice.
- The school shall be entitled to instruct its attorneys to attend to the collection of outstanding accounts and both Parents (whether natural, adoptive, or foster Parents), shall be jointly liable for the payments of all the costs so incurred on the scale as between attorney and own client, including collection fees.
- The Parents (whether natural, adoptive, or foster Parents), hereby indemnify and agree to hold harmless The Valley School, the Principal and Staff, or the authorized agents or representatives of the aforementioned against any or all claims, however arising out of injury, death, lo, damage, cost or expense, including legal costs, suffered by the pupil or a third party as a result of or during the enrolment of a pupil.
OUR WEBSITE USER AGREEMENT
Using our website.
- Introduction: Use of this website and the services provided via it (“thevalleyschool.co.za”) are conditional upon you accepting the following terms and conditions. Unless otherwise specified, your acceptance of this User Agreement shall be indicated by your use of and/or registration with thevalleyschool.co.za. thevalleyschool.co.za is provided by The Valley School at 33 Andre Brink Street, Vorna Valley, 1686., and its suppliers (“we”/”our”/”us”).
- Availability of this website: We will endeavour to ensure that thevalleyschool.co.za is available 24 hours per day without any interruptions. However, we reserve the right to make thevalleyschool.co.za unavailable at any time or to restrict access to parts or all of thevalleyschool.co.za without notice. thevalleyschool.co.za is a general information service. We will endeavour not to make it misleading, but we cannot represent that the information accessible on or via thevalleyschool.co.za is accurate, not-misleading, complete or up to date.
- Use of this website: Use of this website is designed for your personal, non-commercial use and you must not use it in any other way without our consent. Except as permitted under applicable law, you must not use, copy, translate, publish, licence or sell thevalleyschool.co.za or any materials or information in thevalleyschool.co.za or the structure, overall style and program code of thevalleyschool.co.za without our consent. If you wish to make a request for consent, please contact email@example.com.
- Your Contributions: You agree to only use thevalleyschool.co.za for lawful purposes and that any information that you provide in connection with, or which forms part of, thevalleyschool.co.za will be, as far as you are aware, true and accurate and will not infringe any copyright or trade mark, or any right of privacy, publicity or personality or any other right, whether registered or unregistered, of any other nature or any person, or be obscene or libellous or blasphemous or defamatory and you agree to indemnify us against all claims, proceedings, damages, liabilities and costs, including legal costs arising out of your breach of this term. We cannot make any assurances about the information or contribution made by any other user and you should exercise caution before acting or otherwise relying upon any information you obtain via the thevalleyschool.co.za.
- Links: thevalleyschool.co.za includes links to other internet sites. Without limiting what we say elsewhere, we make no representations or warranties about those sites or their content, nor that the links work. If you wish to link to thevalleyschool.co.za you may only do so at thevalleyschool.co.za. Details of our linking arrangements may be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Intellectual property: thevalleyschool.co.za, its style and structure, and the materials and information on thevalleyschool.co.za of thevalleyschool.co.za are protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights, and may not be used by you except as expressly provided in this User Agreement. The authors of the documents in thevalleyschool.co.za assert their moral rights. thevalleyschool.co.za and The Valley School are registered trade marks of The Valley School.
- Our Liability: Since a substantial part of thevalleyschool.co.za is both free and available to all, it is a condition that your use of thevalleyschool.co.za is at your own risk. We shall not be liable to you or in breach of this User Agreement for any delay or failure to perform any obligation if the delay or failure is due to a cause beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation, the blocking or restricting of information to and/or from our network.
- Except as expressly provided in this User agreement, we disclaim any further representations, warranties, conditions or other terms, express or implied, by statute, collaterally or otherwise, including but not limited to implied warranties, conditions or other terms of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose or reasonable care and skill.
- Save as provided below, we disclaim all and will not be liable in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence) or otherwise arising in connection with this User Agreement or the thevalleyschool.co.za for: (i) consequential, indirect or special loss or damage; or (ii) any loss of goodwill or reputation; or (iii) any economic losses (including loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings), in each case, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage and howsoever incurred.
- Our maximum liability to you in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence) or otherwise arising in connection with this User Agreement or the thevalleyschool.co.za shall be limited. Notwithstanding any other provision of this User Agreement, we will be liable to you without limit for any death or personal injury caused by our negligence and to the extent that liability arises and for liability arising from statements made fraudulently by us.
- Small Print: Either of us may terminate this User Agreement at any time. You may not transfer any of your rights or delegate any of your obligations under this User Agreement without our prior written consent. If we fail to enforce any provision of this User Agreement, that failure will not preclude us from enforcing either that provision (or any similar provision) on a later occasion. Nothing in this User Agreement shall confer on any third party any benefit or the right to enforce any term of the User Agreement. This User Agreement is governed by South African law and any dispute connected with this agreement is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts. Nothing in this User Agreement affects your statutory rights as a consumer.
- Complaints: If you believe that your intellectual property or other rights are being infringed by the thevalleyschool.co.za, or if you are dissatisfied with thevalleyschool.co.za or any aspect of our service, in the first instance please contact email@example.com or on 011 805 2587